Wednesday, August 22, 2007

One thousand cranes (revised)

There is an ancient Japanese legend which states that one thousand origami cranes bring good luck. Adam (who is an origami master) started folding cranes for Addy the night that I went into labor. Throughout the first month of Addy's life he continued folding, with some help from many of Addy's visitors along the way (Claire did a lot while she was here too!).

These amazing 1,000 cranes are now hanging in Addy's room. We hope that they do indeed bring luck to Addy - and of course, help her to know that she's incredibly loved!


Per 'Tosapapa's request:
Adam and I read the comment in different ways, so we've included both of our interpretations of the request below! =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful - mind sending or posting a frame full of cranes?

'Tosapapa

Hoban Family said...

I love it! Bella still has her crane that Adam made her on her dresser.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the beauty - Dad Smith

Anonymous said...

Adam- those are amazing! Addy is so lucky!